Not all those who can do, can teach…
You may know French Girl in Seattle as a blogger, a Facebook community manager, or a tour guide. Did you know I was also an experienced adult educator?
Et oui! Before I led tours around Paris and France, I used to lead French classes! I ran my own business as a cross-cultural trainer and French language instructor in Seattle for more than 15 years! Later, I grew a loyal following instructing France travel workshops and teaching American adults how to master Travel French!
The truth is, many pursuits I have been involved in over the last two decades, have involved teaching. C’est logique. It makes sense: I love teaching, and I am good at it!
This spring, I am adding online French classes to my repertoire. Read on to find out more!
Introducing Speak French with Véro : online group French lessons
Warning: These are not your standard, structured French classes, yet they will complement those nicely if you want extra exposure to the French language. Think of them as a fun, informal boot-camp with a French native to supplement your learning.
1. Join a small online group of 6 to 8 students and anticipate lively interactions in a safe, relaxed, friendly environment.
2. Focus on developing your French communication and pronunciation skills. The goal is for you to interact confidently and successfully while in France.
3. Culture and language are inseparable: Immerse yourself in modern French life with authentic materials, including ads, signs, photos, songs, press articles and more.
In short: We may not spend hours studying or discussing the subjunctive mood or spelling rules. Yet you will practice listening, speaking, and reading in French, and gradually express yourself with more confidence.
1. Classes are tentatively scheduled in mid-April 2020. We offer two levels: Intermediate Level, (CEFR A2 to B1) and Advanced Level, (CEFR B2 to C1.) Please note if you have never studied French before (CEFR A1,) or if you are proficient (CEFR C2,) these classes may not be the right fit for you.
2. Students sign up for 4 classes over 4 weeks (2 hours per week, 8 hours total.) Cost per participant, for 8 hours of tuition: $240. 4-week packages are payable in full, 10 days before the start of the first class. I am sorry there will be no refunds and no make-up classes (all classes are recorded and available in replay.)
3. We welcome 6 to 8 students per group. If you are interested in joining us this spring, please contact me and let me know your level. I will return to you shortly with additional details, and a few questions about your goals and interests.
Merci et à bientôt.
For student feedback, please visit my Linkedin page under “Recommendations.” Merci!