Not all those who can do, can teach…
You may know me as a travel blogger, a Facebook community manager, or a tour guide. Did you know I was also an experienced adult educator?
Et oui! Before I led tours around Paris and France, I used to lead French classes. I ran my own business as a cross-cultural trainer and French language instructor in Seattle for more than 15 years! Later, I grew a loyal following instructing France travel workshops and teaching North American adults how to master Travel French!
The truth is, many pursuits I have been involved in over the last two decades, have involved teaching. C’est logique. It makes sense: I love teaching, and I am good at it!
Speak French with Véro : online group French lessons
Warning: These are not your standard, structured French classes, yet they will complement those nicely if you want extra exposure to the French language. Think of them as a fun, informal bootcamp with a French native to supplement your learning.
1. Join a small online group of up to 8 students and anticipate lively interactions in a safe, relaxed, friendly environment.
2. Focus on developing your French communication and pronunciation skills. The goal is for you to interact confidently and successfully while in France. Sessions are run almost entirely in French.
3. Culture and language are inseparable: Immerse yourself in modern French life with authentic materials, including ads, signs, photos, songs, press articles and more.
In short: We may not spend hours studying or discussing the subjunctive mood or spelling rules. Yet you will practice listening, speaking, and reading in French, and gradually express yourself with more confidence.
Nuts and bolts
1. We offer two levels: Intermediate (CEFR A2 to B1) and Advanced (CEFR B2 to C1.) Please note if you have never studied French before (CEFR A1,) or if you are proficient (CEFR C2,) these classes may not be the right fit for you.
2. Students sign up for 4 classes over 4 weeks (1.5 hours per week, 6 hours total.) Cost per participant, for 6 hours of tuition: $210. 4-week packages are payable in full, 7 days before the start of the first class. We need a minimum of 3 students to run a class. I am sorry there will be no refunds and no make-up classes (all classes are recorded and available in replay.)
3. We welcome 6 to 8 students per group. If you are interested in joining us, please contact me and let me know your level (online level test available.) will return to you shortly with additional details, and a few questions about your goals and interests.
4. Please note French Girl in Seattle/France with Véro Patrons receive priority registration. Look up more benefits linked to a Patreon membership, here.
🇫🇷 Spring 2020 Update 🇫🇷
Intermediate Level (A2-B1)
From Thursday May 21 through Thursday June 11 (4 weeks)
6:00pm-7:30pm Paris – 9:00am-10:30am PST – 12:00pm-1:30pm EST
Status: sold out (please email me to add your name to the waiting list)
Advanced Level (B2-C1)
From Wednesday May 20 through Wednesday June 10 (4 weeks)
5:00pm-6:30pm Paris – 8:00-9:30am PST – 11:00am-12:30pm EST
Status: sold out
🇫🇷 NEW! 🇫🇷
French for the Traveler
This is a workshop I taught in Seattle for many years. It is perfect for you if:
– You have thought about learning French for a long time but aren’t sure it’s for you.
– You are keeping the travel dream alive: Next time you arrive in France you *will* be able to interact with locals in elementary travel French, by Jove!
– You don’t necessarily intend to learn French but want to be able to manage in most travel situations, or you are an armchair traveler who wants to keep learning about France in a friendly environment.
Like our other “French bootcamps,” French for the Traveler is not a traditional French language class (It may supplement nicely a beginner-level French class.) Unlike our other “French bootcamps,” instruction is delivered in French and in English (cultural information applicable to travel situations.) Best fit: CEFR A1 level.
French for the Traveler offers an opportunity to discuss topics related to French life, and to get more confident expressing yourself in elementary French (pronouncing words more confidently, asking and answering basic questions,) and to know what to expect in travel situations.
Session 1 (4 classes) covers the basics: Introduction to French pronunciation, essential French expressions in travel situations, greetings, asking and answering basic questions, ordering French food, making reservations (hotels, restaurants,) and more.
French for the Traveler (Session 1)
From Wednesday June 10 to Wednesday July 1 (4 classes)
7:00-8:30pm (Paris) – 10:00am-11:30am (PST) – 1:00pm-2:30pm (EST)
Status: sold out.
(Please email me to add your name to the waiting list.)
Note: I may run French for the Traveler (Session 2,) offering students opportunities to practice what they have learned in session 1 with more exercices, role-playing, and discussions. Schedule to be determined later based on student interest and instructor availability 🙂
Merci et à bientôt.
For student feedback, please visit my Linkedin page under “Recommendations.” Merci!